Atéa Quintet Programme
- Gershwin - Summertime - arr. Hashimoto
- Danzi - G minor Quintet
- Anton Reicha - Quintet with Cor Anglais
- Malcolm Arnold - Three shanties for wind quintet
- Poulenc - Novelette
- Frank Bridge - Divertimenti for wind quartet
- Carl Nielsen - Quintet
- Valarie Coleman - Umoja
Experience the Winds of Virtuosity with Atéa Quintet at Nadsa Concerts
Join us for an enchanting evening of wind music as Nadsa Concerts proudly presents the Atéa Quintet, one of the UK's premier wind ensembles. Immerse yourself in a diverse programme that spans the globe and the centuries, from the sultry haze of an American summer to the vibrant rhythms of Africa. This concert promises to be a showcase of not only technical brilliance but also the rich emotional landscapes that wind music can evoke.
Concert Programme Highlights
- Gershwin's "Summertime" (arr. Hashimoto): Kick off the evening with the timeless melody of Gershwin's "Summertime," reimagined by Hashimoto. This arrangement promises a fresh take on the classic, capturing the languid, sultry essence of a Southern summer.
- Danzi's Quintet in G minor: Delve into the classical era with Danzi's Quintet, a piece that combines elegant melodies with the intricate interplay of winds, showcasing the composer's mastery in chamber music.
- Reicha's Quintet with Cor Anglais: Explore the unique timbres and textures in Reicha's innovative quintet, highlighting the mellow tones of the Cor Anglais, and offering a rich blend of harmony and melody.
- Arnold's "Three Shanties for Wind Quintet": Set sail with Malcolm Arnold's playful and spirited "Three Shanties," where maritime folk tunes come to life in a lively and engaging set.
- Poulenc's "Novelette": Experience the charm and wit of Poulenc's "Novelette," a piece that embodies the composer's flair for infusing classical music with a touch of the whimsical.
After the Interval
- Bridge's "Divertimenti for Wind Quartet": Return from the interval to the early 20th-century English landscape with Frank Bridge's "Divertimenti," a work that combines lyrical beauty with early modernist harmonies.
- Nielsen's Quintet: Journey through the intricate and expressive world of Carl Nielsen's Quintet, a masterpiece that marries the composer's distinctive melodic style with rich, folk-inspired themes.
- Coleman's "Umoja": Conclude the evening with Valerie Coleman's "Umoja," an anthem of unity and community that brings together the vibrant rhythms and melodies of African musical traditions.
What to Expect
Prepare to be whisked away on a sonic adventure that celebrates the beauty, diversity, and expressive power of wind instruments. The Atéa Quintet, known for their dynamic performances and exquisite musicality, will bring each piece to life, ensuring an unforgettable experience for all who attend.
Whether you're a classical aficionado or new to the world of wind quintets, this concert is not to be missed.
Book Your Tickets Now
Secure your spot for this musical journey with the Atéa Quintet at Nadsa Concerts.